IT Bootcamps For Your Employees Who Need Certification Training
Employers with certified IT staff realize better network management, improved security, and greater productivity across their organization. However, finding the time to train your IT workers during regular workdays can be a struggle.
IT bootcamps are a unique solution to the problem of providing top-quality training in a short amount of time. But what are IT bootcamps? How do they benefit busy employees? How can employers determine if IT bootcamp is the right move for their staff?
What is IT Bootcamp?
Everyone is familiar with military bootcamps. These condensed training sessions are designed to provide soldiers with the basic tools they need when they're out in the field. Similarly, an IT bootcamp is a short-yet-intense exploration of a specific subject. At the end of the training, students are ready to successfully complete the associated certification test.
What makes bootcamps unique when compared to other types of training?
- Bootcamps prioritize skills over theory. Hands-on activities teach learners real skills that can be used on the job.
- Unlike traditional learning programs, bootcamps usually don't require repeat sessions or multiple classes.
- Classes are tailored to give students the best chance of passing their certification test on the first try.
IT bootcamps are a quick way to gain the benefits of certification without sacrificing several months in a classroom.
How Bootcamps Benefit Busy Employees
Employees who are seeking IT certifications face a number of challenges in their pursuit of higher credentials. Between the demands of work and personal life, it can be difficult to find the time to study independently. Bootcamps are an effective solution to this problem. However, there are other important benefits to IT bootcamps.
- Many bootcamp programs can be tailored to the needs of the business. Instead of theory and hypothetical situations, students are given direct knowledge of systems they work with every day.
- Bootcamp instructors are IT veterans with years of real-world experience. They are able to break things down to students in a way that makes information easier to retain without hours of memorization.
- During the bootcamp sessions, students learn vital techniques and tips that improve their chances of successfully completing their certification test. On their own, they may not have access to this information.
- Coaching is an important part of the bootcamp structure. Students receive personal guidance and assessments that help them improve their performance.
- Finding the right self-training resources isn't always easy. IT bootcamps ensure students access the most current information available.
Bootcamps are a quick and efficient way to prepare staff members for certification testing without draining too much of their personal time.
Will Your Employees Benefit from an IT Bootcamp?
Ask yourself these questions to find out if IT bootcamp is the right move for your IT staff.
How much downtime can you afford? More traditional training programs require a larger investment of learning hours. That means your employees spend more time hitting the books than maintaining your servers. If your time is precious, a bootcamp is a better training solution.
- Do you prefer on-premises training? There are bootcamps that can bring the training right to your work site. Rather than negotiate transportation and scheduling changes, your employees can gain the knowledge needed on your property.
- How would certification benefit your business? For some companies, the addition of certified IT employees can help them gain more customers, increase their service offerings, or find new ways to protect sensitive digital data. In some cases, certified staff may be a requirement for bidding on lucrative government contracts.
- IT certification improves your staff's ability to manage and defend your computer networks. By investing in your employees' education, you can save yourself time, money, and frustration while improving your business' profit potential.
Extreme Bootcamps at Infotec are designed to meet the needs of employers in a variety of industries. Our courses include vendor-authorized materials, so your employees always receive the most relevant and factual information. Contact our staff today to find out more about how an IT bootcamp can improve your business.